Definitive details about the history of the club are currently quite limited.

What we do know is the club was founded around 1930 with the second storey extension to the clubhouse being added around 1959.

We also know that between 1931 and 1971 there were organised annual competitive swimming events at the club with the winners being awarded the Leon Dodds (mens) and Cook (womens) Challenge Cups.

Over the next few years we’ll be researching and sharing our history as part of our plans to fully renovate our clubhouse.